Friday, December 16, 2005

I'm Free, I'm Free and Freedom tastes of Reality

SO for those of who do not know the above quote is from Tommy by The Who, which if you haven't listened to you need to. Also listen to Quadrophinia at full volume if you haven't
I had my portfolio review and for the first time since I have been here, I was the one in bloody control of the damn thing. WE talked very briefly about this semester and I was able to explain to my profs that I'm good when I'm doing one thing at a time, i.e. I teched and opened 4 shows in 2 weeks this summer when the props master did not communicate well to his staff and I was no where as stressed as I have been when I am at school and dealing with one production. There comment was that I shouldn't do that in the future and my brain went, "Well duh." but instead my mouth said that I realized that and was not about to put myself in that situation again. Plus I think they were finally impressed with my work as a Props person, which is what I have sorta transformed into over the last year and a half. I still enjoy Stage management but damn it I get to play glue, spray paint, power tools and Photoshop. Also if could've been the fact that I had done seven shows since last May either as a props person or on a Stage Management team. So I was damn proud of myself. I left feeling good.
Then came the weird part, I went and got my cap, gown and tassel. It was all the sudden real. This part of my life is over, which is fine, and I realized how much I would miss the people I had met here. Now some of them have moved on ( most of you who are reading this post) but I am leaving behind some really good friends. I know I won't fall out of contact with them, the ones that really matter, I've managed to keep intouch with most of the family either through the phone or electronically. ( by the way Nicki, thanks for introducing us to the wonderful world of the blogg.)
So I'm ready for the next step. I don't know where I'm going next save the general direction, west. It will be a crazy adventure plus I have company so that will be fun, and at least one friend who is with in a thousand miles. Miss Shannon Buss is moving to Portland OR so I'll proably go and visit her when I can afford to.
So I'm now free from obligation and I'm ready to start living on my own terms. I know it won't be easy, but hey when do I ever do take the easy route.
Chris

PS. Nicki, Dave is quite real, I promise, ask Sarah, Greta, Humphery, Andy or very soon Travis. They will have met him.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I will put the geekery at the end...it's funny reading all the blogs about leaving and the angst and issues that come with that...but reading about your portfolio review, I think that you're definintely in a more mature, ready place than you were when we first met. Mistress of your Own Destiny. You'll just have to find your niche and you'll go far. Congrats!

(OMG, you totally quoted TOMMY starring MICHAEL CERVERIS. Something just dampened.)