Friday, January 20, 2006

Getting Life In Order

So after about a two week hiatus, where I wasn't sure what the fuck was going on in my life. I've got things moving again. I finally made the decision that time was fast apporaching that job or no job I needed to leave and start moving again. While being home can be really nice it feels like I am stuck in statis.
Plus I really fucking miss Dave. Its odd. I've spent some good chunks of time a way from past boyfriends, for instance there was once I was in Europe for six weeks and emailed my boyfriend at the time once and I think I may have called as well. Now don't get me wrong, I;ve missed these previous men when we were seperated but not like this. And there is really no good reason that I can come up with of why I should stay here and wait around. I'm not doing much and its kinda of a pain to get work when you could be leaving soon. Plus I had most of my stuff in the garage still and there is a limit to my parents graciouness on that matter.
So I've decided that I need to set out soon. And of all the cities that Dave and I looked at Seattle was second for us both ( San Francisco was my first choice, but its too expensive, and Denver was his, but its too fucking cold). So Seattle it is. I've found some places that are with in our price range and there appears to be work out there in jobs that will help me pay the rent.
So I pitched this to my folks and was surprised how cool they were with the whole thing. The only thing they wanted was to figure out if one of them could drive with me. They couldn't but I talked Dave into coming out (I'm helping with the ticket) and to drive with me. So if all goes according to plan ( God I hope so) I should be leaving WI sometime around Feb 1st. Well yeah.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. Congrats on the choice! I believe Mandy is still somwhere out in that region of the world. If you get her contact info from Wendy, she may be able to give you the heads up on some of the companies out there. Break a leg.

Laura said...

Hey, north West, I'm right on your way! I hope you can stop by on your way out. I can put you up and feed you for a day or two - preferably a weekend, but if not it would be nice just to have dinner and then see you off in the morning. I think I'm about 9 1/2 hours from Milwaukee so you'd need a rest if you drove here.

Andrew said...

have fun chris! by the way you should visit OOTS Belkar has a great comic!

Sarah said...

That's great! Congrats on your big move. I know it will all work out for you. Have fun and keep us updated.